25 August 2012

Bead Soup Blog Party Reveal!


So it's time for Lori Anderson's BSBP and I'm in the third reveal! 

My partner is the wonderfully creative Marjolein Trewavas
The link for her blog is RoomForChange and she up-cycles pieces with such imagination! Check out what she did with my soup, amazing stuff!

Unfortunately Marjolein's soup for me went astray in the post and turned up quite late and damaged, so a lot of the things she sent me were missing. Lori Anderson sent me a replacement soup and so I combined both to create my pieces.

Here's what I was sent




Fused Glass Pendant
Red/Orange Rounds
Orange, red & purple Swarovski crystals
2 sterling focal beads
Sterling toggle
Bag of cream lustre seed beads
Upcycled connector in copper, purple & pink


I had no idea at all for a long time as to what to do with all my goodies. Red is not really a colour I use very often and using the pendant meant making a necklace, which I normally shy away from but there was no possible way to use it in a bracelet so a necklace it was. 

I knew I wanted to make a few pieces and wanted to use the Sterling beads and toggle for a bracelet. The connector worked well as a bracelet too. 

So I decided to split my soup up into groups and add my own handmade polymer clay beads, some art beads and some Czech glass to the mix. 

Here's what I came up with!

Sterling toggle and beads from Lori Anderson
Sterling findings and beads from my own stash
Polymer bead by me
Polymer house focal by Heather Powers
Ceramic bead by Gaea
Czech glass from my own stash




I wasn't keen in using purple in the piece below so I painted the purple roses with some pale blue, teal and brown patina and then sealed them. 

Vintage connector from Marjolein Trewavas
Czech glass from my own stash
Solid copper toggle made by me



Next came the challange for me, the necklace and all that red!

I decided to use a knotting technique to make a double stranded necklace. I used a red button from my stash that matched the beads Lori sent me perfectly and I used the clasp technique for a macrame/knotted toggle that is in Lorelei Eurto & Erin Seigel's wonderful book, Bohemian Inspired Jewelry.

Orange waxed Irish linen cording
Red button from my own stash
SRA Lampwork by Unknown (Whoops, sorry!)
Czech glass
Red/Orange rounds from Lori Anderson
Etched white lampwork SRA by RobsBeadsOfGlass
Glass pearls
Fused glass pendant from Lori Anderson
Swarovski crystals from Lori Anderson
Polymer "faux glass/gemstone" nuggets by me
White lustre seed beads from Marjolein Trewavas








And finally...I made a bracelet to go with the necklace!



Check out the other participants for the third reveal below.

A huge thank you to the wonderful Lori Anderson for creating and managing the swap! 

Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

Agi Kiss, Moonsafari Beads 
Alice Peterson, Alice Dreaming
Alison Sachs, Beads by Earthtones
Amanda Dittloff, Passion Smashin'
Andra Marasteanu, Bijoux de Monanage
Angie Szlovak, SweetBeads
Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations
Ann Sherwood, Ann's Blog
Arlene Dean, A Glass Bash
Audrey Belanger, Dreams of an Absolution
Barb Solem, Vivi Magoo Presents
Barbara Blaszczyk, laboratorim Flory
Bianca Odenthal, Zydies Glasperlen
Birgit Klughardt, GitesBeads
Bobbie Rafferty, Beadsong Jewelry
Bonnie Coursolle,  Jasper Gems
Cece Cormier, The Beading Yogini
Charlene Jacka, Clay Space
Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're
Cheryl Foiles, Get Your Bead On
Christie Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry

Christina Miles, Wings n Scales
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads
Christine Stonefield, Sweet Girl Design
Cindy Cima Edwards, Live to Design
CJ Bauschka, 4 His Glory Creations
Claire Smith, Embergrass Jewelry
Cynthia Riggs, Cynth's Blog
Dana Fowler, Trunk Full of Treasure
Dawn Pierro, Turtle Moon Designs
Dee Elgie, Cherry Obsidia
Donetta Farrington, Simply Gorgeous

Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Eileen Snyder, Dorset Hill Beads
Elizabeth Bunn, Elizabeth Beads
Eva Kovacs, Ewa gyongyos vilaga!
Evelyn Duberry, Sheba Makeda
Fay Wolfenden, Torch Fairy
Fen Li, Bead Flora Jewels
Gail Zwang, Angel Moose Enterprises
Geneva Collins, Torque Story
Grace Dorsey, Fan of the Flame
Gretchen Nation,  Art Food Lodging

Hannah Annear, Squintessential
Hajer Waheed, My Beaded World
Heather Goldsmith, As I Bead It
Heather Otto, The Craft Hopper
Heidi Kingman, My Bead Therapy
Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope
Isolina Perez, Isolina Perez
Jacqueline Keller, CreARTelier
Jane Haag, Did You Make Something Today?
Janeen Sorensen, Wild Vanilla Designs
Jean Peter, Jean P. Designs

Jennifer Judd, Jen Judd Rocks
Jennifer L Justman, Soul's Fire Designs
Joanna Matuszczyk, Bizuteria z filcu
Joanne Brown, Jo's Jewels
Joanne Lockwood, Jo Bunkum
Joyce Becker, Joyce's Joyful Gems
Judy Riley, Three Red Beads
Karen Mitchell, Over the Moon Design
Karen Williams, Baublicious
Karin von Hoeren, Creative Ideen

Karla Morgan, Texas Pepper Jams
Kashmira Patel, Sadafule .. always in bloom!
Kate Richbourg, We Can Make That at Home

Katrin Lembke, AllesPerle
Kathy Combs, Torched in Texas
Kathy Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz
Kelley Fogle, My Life, One Bead at at Time
Kelly Hosford Patterson, Traveling Side Show

Klaudette Koon, Only Road
Lara Lutrick, Lampwork Beads by Lara
Laura Guenther, Blue Antiquities

Laurie Lalonde, Simply Mod Jewelry
Lilik Kristiani, Soul of My Embodiment
Linda Younkman, Lindy's Designs
Lisa Chapman, Beach Cat Beads
Lisa Lodge, Pine Ridge Treasures
Loretta Carstensen, Designs by Loretta
Lori Bergmann, Lori Bergmann Design
Lori Dorrington, Lori's Adventures in Etsy Land
Lupe Meter, Gem's PC Corner
Lynn Davis, LLYYNN

Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin
Mandi Effron, Craft-o-licious
Mandy Williamson, Mimi's Beading
Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter
Maria Rosa Sharrow, Willow Street Shops
Marianne Baxter, Simply Seablime Jewelry
Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre
Marjolein Trewavas, Room for Change
Marelene Cupo, Amazing Designs
Marsha Neal, Marsha Neal Studio

Marta Kaczerowska, uhuhu
Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Menka Gupta, Menka's Jewelry Blog
Michelle Burnett, Reverie and Revival
Michelle Escano-Caballero, The Cabby Crafter
Miko Wiropati, Uniquely Yunikua
Milla Hope,  LB Creative Arts and Crafts
Mimi Gardner, Other Curiosities
Miranda Ackerley, MirandackArts
Natalie McKenna, grubbi

Noemi Baena, fuego, metal, y color
Pam Ferrari, Ferrari Originals
Pam Sears, Crazy Creative Corner
Penny Neville, Copper Penny
Rachel Baron, R. Baron Designs
Rachel Myers, Rockabead Jewelry
Rana Wilson, Definitive Designs by R. Wilson
Rebecca Anderson, Song Beads
Rebecca Sirevaag, Becca's Place
Riki Schumacher, Riki Jewelry

Rose Binoya, Ahtee's Blog
Rossana De Gaspari, Rdegas Blog
Sally Anderson, Wild Sally Road
Sandi James, Do Be Do Bead Do
Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe
Sandra Wollberg, City of Brass Stories
Sarah Goode, Pookledo

Sarah Small, blog by salla
Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
Shawn Mills, Shawn Marie Designs with Bent Wire
Sheila Davis, Stone Designs by Sheila

Sheryl Stephens, Babble Bead
Shiraz Biggie, Secret Song Designs
Solange Collin,  Ahowin Handcrafted Jewelry
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads
Stephanie Dixon, The Dixon Chick
Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads
Susan Sheehan, Strands of Thought
Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria
Sweet Freedom, Sweet Freedom Designs
Tabatha Dinger, Modernly Created
Tania Hagen, Pelima Jewellery Design

Tanya Boden, Fusion Muse
Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas
Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo
Tracy Stillman, Tracy Stillman Designs

41 comments:

  1. Wow Natalie. You made some stunning pieces! I would never have thought about colouring the vintage connector I sent you. It blends in perfectly. I need to find out how to do that! Glad you got some fantastic beads to work with even though they did not come from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all of your designs. Especially the 2 bracelets at the beginning of the post! And you rouse to the challenge with the reds! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style, these pieces are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with all your pieces, but I especially like that first bracelet. But you met the challenge with the red and a necklace, since you don't usually do them. Very nice job with your soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful collection. Love all three of the bracelets, especially the first one and the necklace with the knotted cord is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!

    I love the 2nd bracelet! It's beautiful!

    Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For someone who doesn't work with red or necklaces, you hit the ball out of the park! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the problem with your beads, but you made a great recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice job with the necklace -what a stunning fused glass pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. all your pieces are very nice. I especially love that first bracelet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you took the Bead Soup components you received and made them your own. Great color schemes, both the hot reds/orange/purples and the softer, patinaed greens and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely creations...the colors really pop! Nice job...love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the bracelets and the colors in the blue-green are wonderful! The necklace is such a fun piece and the matching bracelet, too. Sorry about your missing/late/damaged package, but what a great recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great group of pieces, you did a wonderful job under the stress of losing much of your ingredients. That is very sad. I love the second bracelet, the color you chose for the patina on the roses blends in beautifully with the other beads and components you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful soup and even more wonderful creations. I love the bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pieces! I love the wonderful colors and textures in each. And I thought it was very clever to change the color of the flowers in the second bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the first and second bracelet!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your bracelets! Love your wire work and love that you painted the roses!
    The necklace and last bracelet are very cool as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I especially love the first two bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I'm in the bracelet mood : I'm inlove with the bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  21. bracelet with roses is wonderful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well done! It's nice you could use both soups all together. Thanks for participating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous pieces. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job with your soup. I like the roses better in the new color too. You did wonderful with the red. It didn't overpower the other colors which red can do.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow the first two bracelets are so gorgeous! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mixed media pieces are awesome and you have set your soup beautifully.Love and hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful use of your soup. I love your organic styled bracelets - especially the second one. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous bracelets and great idea to patina the roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love both bracelets and the necklace with the fused glass is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the first two bracelets! I have trouble with red too but you did wonderfully with your red soup too!! ALL beautiful pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really love what you created from your soup, those different kinds of beads, textures looks great! AI never thought red can look so good with purple! BUt my favorite is the second bracelet, i love its colors!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like your red necklaces. I think you did a terrific job using everything. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You're not the first person in this soup round that I've heard about the post ruining your package. That's really awful and I hate it for you. Yet, what you did receive along with Lori's contribution turned into some really wonderful pieces. I am especially fond of your first two bracelets. Your painted flowers turned out so well that I wouldn't have know that wasn't their original shade had you not said anything. Of course, it also reminds me of Alice in Wonderland's Queen of Hearts who had the roses painted red! ;)
    Anyway, you've made some really lovely pieces despite the crummy start! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am having a hard time picking a favorite! they are all so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love what you created! For not being too sure about the color pallet, you really rocked it! I also think it's so clever that you painted the roses to match the colors you did want to work with. I really, really like that first bracelet. And you did a fantastic job with the necklace. I hope you find something to wear it with because you totally should!

    ReplyDelete
  36. great beads and colors in your soup and you did a lovely work with it!! well done!
    greets
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the first two bracelets - painting the roses turned out beautifully!! Your red pieces are very pretty - love the mix of colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love all of your pieces! But as another who doesn't work -- or wear! -- much red, I think the red necklace and bracelet are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete