19 October 2012

Hooters At Artisan Whimsy

Artisan Whimsy is a brand spanking new website for beady folk! They're having a Hooters challenge where we have to make either a piece of jewellery or a component with an Owl in it. 

Having just created several ceramic bead sets for my Etsy shop that have owl's in, I decided to pull one set and use it to create a piece of jewellery for this challenge. 

You can see the full details for the challenge and vote for your favourite piece by joining Artisan Whimsy HERE

I decided to make a necklace.  I'm pretty please with how it's turned out and it is for sale on my Etsy shop HERE

I've used the following to make this necklace -

Ceramic owl pendant by Grubbi
6 ceramic beads by Grubbi
1 polymer bead by Humblebeads
1 lampwork disk by Lisa Falzone 
Toho seed
Wooden beads
Czech glass
Copper toggle by Grubbi
Brown waxed Irish linen cording. 






2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous piece! the colors are just amazing and you created an awesome clasp, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love the earthy tones in your necklace. It is quite beautiful. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete